WHY WE GO. . .
Top reasons why Champoux Ski-Cycle-Urbain’s Nadine Baddoo attends the SIA Snow Show and On-Snow Demo/Ski-Ride Fest
- To see the various trends in clothing and equipment! Seeing how the “younger” crowd is gearing up!
- We go to the Show especially because it is in Colorado and it allows us to ski their beautiful mountains and visit the various ski towns around the Denver area.
- To see under one roof the vast selection of various ski and snowboard brands.
- Discover new artisans that are behind the future brands and discover how the more traditional ones are keeping up!
HOTEL RATES DOWN MORE THAN 20% SINCE 2010
Book hotels and Register for the SIA Snow Show and On-Snow Demo/Ski-Ride Fest
Mark your calendars for the 2013 SIA Snow Show (January 31- February 3) and On-Snow Demo/Ski-Ride Fest (February 4 & 5) in Colorado. Register and book your hotels now!
"The SIA Snow Show is the most efficient place for the industry to connect and do business. Having the industry together in one place gives me the platform to network and discuss ideas on how to strengthen our market. The Show is the best place to get all of the information I need to educate my retailers and the consumers. The parties aren’t too bad either!" - Andrew Hicks, reps for The Program, Kr3w Apparel/Supra Footwear, Skullcandy, dB
Book your downtown Denver hotel now to ensure that you get your first choice. SIA has negotiated rates as low as $114 and reservations can be made online at siasnowshow.com/denverhotelsHotel rates are down more than 20% from the 2010 Show. View the complete list of SIA hotels and rates.
"The SIA Snow Show in Denver is definitely the most efficient place to see all that the manufactures have to offer for the upcoming year. Not only do you see the manufacturers you plan to visit, but you also have the opportunity to view new vendors that you may not have seen before. I also really benefit from the fact that I can look at products in Denver and then spend a couple days on snow immediately following at Winter Park." – Tracy Gibbons, Co-Owner & COO, Dual Sports dba: Sturtevant's/Ski Mart/SkiBonkers
Early Bird Rates for Winter Park Resort and Devil’s Thumb Ranch (February 4 & 5, 2013) are ending soon so book now! Early Bird rates start at $103 and are guaranteed through November 15 or when they are filled.
STEP INTO THE BACKCOUNTRY EXPERIENCE: AND RENTAL WORLD/BACKSHOP & UNIFORM
Returning to the Show, Rental World/Backshop & Uniform, presented by SAM magazine, and Backcountry Experience presents the latest in backcountry equipment and the best in backshop and rental business practices.
Rental World/Backshop & Uniform, exclusive to backshop and rental, presents the latest technology and products and will help educate buyers on the "how to" featuring products to make your customers’ experience in the shop and one the hill a great one. SAM magazine, SIA and Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month will be hosting a reception Friday evening in the exhibit and SAM magazine and TransWorld Business will team up to host a snowboard specific roundtable on rental and increasing participation. More details to come.
Backcountry Experience focuses on what it takes to outfit your customers with the best in backcountry hardgoods and accessories while delivering the "Must Knows" of safety information. Each afternoon our backcountry experts will be on-hand to share their insight on topics such as: Proper Route Finding, Gear Selection, Beacon Basics, and Avalanche Warning Signs.
Be sure stop by these one-stop-shop exhibits to learn more about Rental World/Backshop & Uniform
and the Backcountry Experience
NORDIC DEMO: BIGGER, BETTER AND NOW ONE DAY
Making its return to Devil's Thumb Ranch, the Nordic On-Snow Demo, in conjunction with WWSRA and CCSAA, takes the cross country industry Show to Snow. This year’s event will be held on one day only, Monday, February 4th. Pre-Register for the Snow Show and On-Snow Demo.
“Any shop that is serious about giving their customers the best gear for their needs must attend the SIA Nordic On-Snow Demo. How can you advise someone to buy a ski if you have no idea how it performs? The information gleaned from this event is invaluable.” Mick Dodds, The Ski Hut, Duluth, MN
Why is the Show important to the Nordic Community and why do you need to go?
- Meet, ski and socialize with key principals of all the cross country ski companies. All major brands are here!
- Enjoy face time with manufacturers and like-minded retailers to keep your finger on the pulse of the Nordic marketplace.
- The Nordic Demo has more equipment, brands, models and sizes than any other demo in the country.
- Key cross country clothing suppliers will also be in Denver including Arc’teryx, Bergen’s of Norway, Black Diamond, Eider, Helly Hansen, Kuhl, Mammut, Marmot, Mountain Hardwear, Outdoor Research, Patagonia, Swix, The North Face, and others.
- Devil’s Thumb Resort is the premiere Nordic center for Colorado cross country skiing. A perfect testing environment.
- Enjoy the relaxed environment to exchange ideas and insight with other retailers and industry professionals from around the country.
- Devil’s Thumb Ranch is offering rooms for $180 (ends Oct. 31).
SIA adds some new features to the Nordic Demo with an opening reception and dinner Sunday, January 29th, an après-ski on Monday evening and short seminars throughout, buyers can try out the latest trends on beautifully groomed Nordic trails in the majesty of the Colorado surroundings.
Book your rooms at Devil's Thumb Ranch with the SIA Rate of $180 if booked before October 31st. More Nordic Demo updates and details are coming soon. Questions about the Demo, lodging, brands, etc.? Contact Reese Brown, SIA’s Nordic Program Director, at RBrown@snowsports.org.
FREE SKIING/RIDING AT 21 CSCUSA RESORTS
“Ski/Ride the Best of Colorado” after the Show/Demo
Again this year, Colorado Ski Country USA (CSCUSA) is offering 2013 SIA Snow Show registered attendees lift ticket coupons to use at participating CSCUSA resorts after the Snow Show.
Coupons are valid for five days following the Snow Show, from February 4 through February 8, at twenty-one CSCUSA member resorts.
“Colorado Ski Country USA is thrilled to partner with SIA again this year to offer free skiing and 2-for-1 lift vouchers to our member resorts,” commented Melanie Mills, president and CEO of Colorado Ski Country USA. “It’s a fantastic way for Show attendees to explore Colorado, visit someplace they haven’t been before, discover the variety of terrain we have here, and get a thorough sampling of our snowy winter goods.”
The SIA Show Newsletter is sponsored by Liquid Image