Snow Show’s largest line-up of FREE seminars and workshops
Washington, DC (December 12, 2012) -- When it comes to educational seminars, clinics and expert advice, Show attendees will have plenty of opportunities to up their business savvy at next month’s 2013 SIA Snow Show (January 31-February 3) in Denver, Colorado.
Held onsite at the Colorado Convention Center and open to all Show attendees, SIA will present more than thirty seminar topics, the largest educational line-up to-date. For detailed information on topics, presenters, dates and times go to: SIAsnowshow.com/seminars. The SIA Snow Show Daily will also include seminar listings and the Show’s Smartphone App will be available to download at: SIAsnowshow.com/showapp by December 20th.
Beginning Wednesday, January 30th, the day before the Show officially opens, Kelly Davis, SIA’s Director of Research will be hard at work presenting the Snow Sports Market Category Seminars. The Market Category Seminars provide important market insight before heading into the Show including an analysis of snow sports retail and how it’s evolving along with consumer behavior. Category specific content will be presented throughout the day starting with Alpine at 9AM, Snowboard -10AM, Apparel -11AM, Accessories –1PM and Backcountry – 2PM. Typically a standing-room-only seminar, Stylesight’s Fall/Winter 2013 Color & Megatrends will also prep attendees for the Show on Wednesday at 5P and Thursday at noon.
Another not-to-be missed presentation will be the Outdoor Industries Women’s Coalition (OIWC) Thought Leaders Keynote & Awards Presentation on Saturday, February 2, 7-9A. Donna Carpenter will provide insight on how she has shaped the industry through women’s initiatives, dedication and passion, and how Burton Snowboards is establishing a new norm on workplace culture. Breakfast will be served.
New education sessions are being offered in the Rental World/Backshop area, focusing on the rental markets in ski/snowboard and increasing participation including the TransWorld Business presentation of You Always Remember Your First Time. But Was It Any Good? The Rewards & Returns of Rigging Riders with the Right Rental Gear (Feb. 1 @11A). Late in the day SAM Magazine will present their Rental Roundtable entitled The Rewards & Returns of Rigging Riders with the Right Rental Gear New Progression Gear: Fast Route to Parallel (Feb. 1 @ 1P). The session line up for Backcountry Experience has just been posted with safety-education and Q & As with backcountry industry leaders.
A quick run-down of the 2013 Snow Show seminar topics appear below, detailed descriptions and presenters can be found at: SIAsnowshow.com/seminars.
- SnowSports Market Overview by Category
- The Secret to Success with Learn to Ski & Snowboard Month, Bring a Friend Challenge
- Stylesight’s Fall/Winter 13 Color & Megatrends
- Functional Green Accessories
- Next Level Social Engagement for 2013 – What Snow Sports Brands Need to Know
- Accounts Receivable Management – 3 Helpful Tips for a Clear AR Dept.
- Don’t Just Survive – THRIVE – Through Bootfitting
- What Does It Take To Make Them Buy? Generating Business by Generation
- Guerrilla Marketing
- Turning Posts into Profits
- Innovation Begins Outside the Category
- Social Media Strategy - Winning Customers with your Words
- Building and Growing a Strong Online Presence
- Fast & Hot: Business Development & Sustainable Growth
- You Always Remember Your First Time. But Was It Any Good? The Rewards & Returns of Rigging Riders with the Right Rental Gear
- New Progression Gear: Fast Route to Parallel
- Available Software Technologies for the Ski Rental Store
- The Power of Experts
- Building Colorado's Newest & Greenest Ski Area
- Leveraging Consumer Insights to Enhance Marketing Activities & Grow Sales
- How Manufacturers and Retailers Can Align While Selling Online
- Overcoming Seasonality: Leveraging social media to tell a year-round brand story
- How The Program Took the Brand Online
- Around the Internet in One Hour: Social Media and E-Commerce Law
- The Inside Scoop: Working with bloggers (panel featuring 3-5 top snow bloggers)
- WANTED: Input on Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month and Bring a Friend
- How the Cloud Enables SnowSports Success
For 24/7 updates on all things 2013 Snow Show, be sure to keep visiting: SIAsnowshow.com, SIA’s Latest
or follow SIA insiders on Twitter and SIA’s Facebook page-
we’ll be sending highlights before and during the Show to keep you in the know. When tweeting about the Show, please add #SIA13
to join in on our Twitter feed.
- SIA -
SnowSports Industries America (SIA) is the national not-for-profit, North American member-owned, trade association representing suppliers and service providers of snow sports products with constituents in the retailer, rep and resort communities. Annually producing the SIA Snow Show, the largest snow sports industry trade show, on-snow demo and networking environment globally, SIA delivers invaluable data/research reports including the Snow Sports Market Intelligence Reports, SnowSports RetailTRAKTM and Executive Market Summary. SIA also produces the Supplier Show, Sourcing Snow, at the SIA Snow Show; learn more at siasnowshow.com/sourcing. SIA is dedicated to growing the industry through consumer initiatives and websites, snowlink.com and wintertrails.org, marketing resources, services and collaborative programs to increase participation and move product. For more information, visit snowsports.org. SnowSports Industries America, 8377-B Greensboro Drive, McLean, VA 22102-3587 (Washington, DC Area). Phone: 703-556-9020, Fax: 703-821-8276, Email: SIAmail@snowsports.org.